The 100 acre site of Chevalier College is bound by Moss Vale Road on the western boundary, Eridge Park Road to the east and the main entrance with access to the McMahon Administration Complex is on Charlotte Street. Here you will find the College Office, Student Services, The Chev Shop, the Performing Arts Centre, McGrath Hall, Chevalier Library and the religious heart of the College, Prentice Chapel. There are dedicated wings and buildings for Science, Mathematics, English/History, Visual Arts, ICT, PDHPE, TAS/VET subjects, as well as classrooms for Languages, RE, Social Science and Career Guidance.
Riversdale House, built in 1879, is where Chevalier College opened its doors to welcome our first group of boarders in 1946. Originally built as a ballroom, circa 1888, Riversdale Chapel is another tranquil and sacred space cherished by the community, with its beautiful lead light windows that honour the shared history of the MSCs and the Dominican Sisters of Elm Court. In 1984 the girls and junior campus of Elm Court in Moss Vale settled into the Riversdale campus in Burradoo with the boys and senior students for a fully co-educational Chevalier College.
Today, Riversdale House forms part of the precinct that accommodates our canteen and function rooms, while Riversdale Chapel serves for Religious Education, special liturgies and celebrations in the spiritual life of the College.
Click an image for gallery view…