Student Services is your ‘go to’ department at Chev for many of the essential every day needs of our students, encompassing:
- Student ‘sign in’ and ‘sign out’
(when arriving at or leaving school outside the normal times)
- Communication between students and parents/caregivers during school time…
messages can be relayed via a student ‘runner’ – this communication method during school hours complies with the College Behaviour Code ruling the use of mobile phones by students:
“must be switched off and put away between 8:45am and 3:30pm”
(see Page 15, Behaviour Code > * Student Information Booklet)
- Permission Notes return
- Confiscated items, e.g. phones, iPods, jewellery
- Lost Property – click here to view latest list…
Lists of lost property are published each term.
Students can request the following from Student Services:
- Replacement Student ID Cards (Library Cards)
- Replacement Timetables
- Information re Student Bus Passes (click here to apply online)
- Private Vehicle Conveyance Forms
- Student Driving Permits
- Senior Secondary Concession Cards
- Proof of Age Concession Cards
- Applications for extension of time for assessments
- Illness / Misadventure Appeal Forms for senior exams and assessments
- Change of Subject Forms
- Click here to view information re Disability Provisions for the HSC Examinations
Most forms are available from the pigeon holes as you enter the Student Services foyer.
If you or your child needs a form that cannot be located in the pigeon holes, please check with staff at the counter.
Please consult the following publication for detailed information regarding any of the topics noted above:
- * STUDENT INFORMATION BOOKLET Revised 22/5/18
Student Services is located in the McMahon Administration Centre via Gate 4 on Charlotte Street, accessed via the western ramp entrance off the car park. The McMahon Administration Centre is also home to The Chev Shop and Reception / College Office.