Find the latest careers news at Chevalier College Careers – a dedicated website that aims to provide you with all the latest information that will help you make decisions about your future career and your life beyond school.
You can use this site to locate University, TAFE and any other type of course across Australia, get information about the HSC, search for job vacancies and much more. Feel free to drop into the Careers Office if you have any questions.
Australian Youth Orchestra Training Pathway
We’re delighted to announce that full details of the Australian Youth Orchestra’s 2019 programs are now available! We have some fantastic opportunities lined up for the year ahead – so many, in fact, that it hasn’t been easy to keep it under our hats!
Applications for 2019 programs are open until 29 June.
- For musicians aged 12–17, our 2019 AYO Young Symphonists program offers the opportunity to work with esteemed music educator, Richard Gill AO, in a week-long program in Mount Eliza.
- 2019 AYO National Music Camp is set to be held at Adelaide’s magnificent Elder Conservatorium, and is tailored for musicians, composers and aspiring arts administrators aged 14–22.
- Our flagship ensemble, the Australian Youth Orchestra, is made up of Australia’s finest young musicians aged 25 and under. Next year will see the orchestra embarking on a musical venture across the globe, performing in prestigious venues in Europe and Asia as part of AYO’s 2019 International Tour.
If you know a young musician who might be interested in joining the Australian Youth Orchestra we would love to see them at auditions this year!
2018 kicked off with our new Careers Website!
Visit the site at Chevalier College Careers
With a huge amount of content, make this your first stop when you’re looking for information on anything jobs, careers, university and TAFE related (and there is so much more!).
>Click image to view details
Features include Videos, The Careers and Course Finder and The Message Board.
These are all updated regularly, so check in periodically.
The Calendar of Events can be set up to send reminders and alerts to your email address.
You can also subscribe to receive a Careers Newsletter at least twice a term.
From the ‘Workplace Learning’ menu you can find Work Experience and Work Placement information.
Introductory sessions will be held during Careers class lessons to guide students on how to set up their accounts and show them around the new site.
We look forward to the year ahead in Careers.
TFN – Apply for your Tax File Number ONLINE through the Australian Tax Office
The Workplace Learning Guide for Parents and Carers – Vocational Education & Training (VET)
Workplace learning programs form part of the NSW secondary school curriculum. They enable students to spend a planned period of time – usually a week – in a workplace of their choice, enhancing their classroom learning, assisting their career choices and building their industry skills. These programs are relevant to all students regardless of their career aspirations or levels of ability.
Read The Workplace Learning Guide for Parents and Carers
Equity Scholarships – What are they?
Equity Scholarships assist financially disadvantaged students with the costs associated with higher education.
Equity Scholarships through UAC comprise:
- Institution Equity Scholarships (IES) funded by individual institutions, donations or sponsorship
- Commonwealth Scholarships (CS) for Indigenous students funded by the Australian Government
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Go to HELPFUL WEBSITES